Sexual health and relationships are important for everyone. Our aim is to help everyone find high quality, reliable information. If you prefer easy read material, please use the following links.
Mencap BILD is the British Institute of Learning Disabilities; they help to develop the organisations that provide services and the people who give support. The BILD website has very good information and resources about friendships and relationships to support people to have a great life. Their resources include:
- Safety and harmful situations
- Social media and safety
- Consent, rights and informed choice
- Friendship and socialising
- Puberty and periods
- Sexual health – contraception, STDs and STIs
- Organisations that offer dating and relationship support
- Relationships, including same sex relationships
- Sex (being ready for sex & having sex for the first time)
- Pregnancy, babies and parenting
- Abortion advice
Find the full list of resources here.
Easyhealth.org has a great bank of easy read booklets about sexual health and relationships. Some of these booklets cost a small fee, however the following leaflets are free. There is an audio option for the leaflets too:
Love, Sex and You leaflet produced by NHS Dorset.
What is HIV?” leaflet produced by Easy Health
Full list of leaflets here from Easyhealth
Scope is a charity which tries to make our country a fairer place for people with disabilities. Their website has useful information on sexual health and relationships.
If you are 16 or older you can also check out Scopes A to Z of sex and disability.
This page was last updated on March 6, 2018