Are You Ready?
Do you feel that you are ready to have sex? Before you make any decisions, think about these questions. You should be able to answer ‘yes’ to them all before you even think about having sex with someone.
- You feel you could say no if you wanted to
- You can have fun together without anything sexual involved
- You each want it for yourself
- Don’t do it to fit in with a friend
- Nobody is forcing you, pressurizing you or making you
- You have discussed using condoms and contraception
- You have agreed what happens next and whether or not to tell your friends afterwards
- You have talked about what you do if the sex leads to pregnancy
However, even if you can answer ‘yes’ to them all, it doesn’t mean you have to have sex. You may feel like everyone is talking about it but only you can make the decision about whether or not you are ready.
Source “The 401 Show” Published on 5 Mar 2014
Want relationship quizzes and sex advice from celebrities? Visit riseabove.org.uk.
Source “The 401Show” Published on 26 Nov 2014
Visit the Sex and young people website for more information.
This page was last updated on September 8, 2017