Sexual violence can happen to anyone; men, women and children. The effect that it has on people will vary and different people may feel the impact of assault at different times.
If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, either recently or in the past, there is confidential support available to you. You will not be forced to report the assault to the police but may be helped to do so if this is what you wish.
Solace Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs) provide local communities with a safe, discreet and caring environment to support victims of rape and sexual assault.
What can they do at the Solace Centre?
- Perform a forensic examination by a specialist forensic doctor
- Provide crisis support at your initial visit and arrange follow up appointments
- Provide telephone advice
- Provide independent advocacy and support with practical matters
- Introduce other support services, for example Rape Crisis and Victim Support
Solace Centre – Bicester 0300 130 3036
Solace Centre – Slough 0300 130 3036
For more information about Solace click here.
Where can I get further support?
- Aylesbury Rape Crisis 01296 392 468
- Wycombe Rape Crisis 01494 462 222
- Victim Support for Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire 0845 450 3883
- R-U-Safe? (working with young women under the age of 18 who are being sexually exploited) 0790 356 5223
- Thames Valley Police (non-emergency number) 0845 850 5505
- Freedom Programme (for any woman who is or has lived with domestic violence and wishes to make sense of her experience) 01296 437 777
- Wycombe Women’s Aid (offer support, information, advocacy and access to safe accommodation in Wycombe and other areas) 01494 461 367
This page was last updated on February 12, 2019