Knowledge, Skills & Confidence to Deliver Relationships & Sex Education in Secondary Schools/ Academies
This course is aimed at Teachers and Professionals who work in secondary schools and or who deliver PHSE or RSE to young people. It will enable staff to talk to their pupils about sexual consent, healthy relationships and sex in an age appropriate manner.
- Consider the role of the facilitator in ensuring their students are safe and informed
- Explore local and national data on young peoples’ sexual health
- Look at the Sexual Offences Act 2003 in relation to sexually active young people
- Define sexual consent including choice, freedom and capacity
- Practice answering relationships and sex questions giving factual, inclusive information that treats sex
as a pleasurable part of life