Knowledge, Skills & Confidence to Deliver Relationships & Sex Education in Secondary Schools/ Academies
This is training for teachers delivering Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools. It will enable staff to talk to their pupils about sexual consent, healthy relationships and sex appropriately.
- Consider the role of the teacher in ensuring their students are safe and informed
- Explore local and national data on young peoples’ sexual health
- Look at the Sexual Offences Act 2003 in relation to sexually active young people
- Define sexual consent including choice, freedom and capacity
- Practice answering relationships and sex questions giving factual, inclusive information that treats sex as a pleasurable part of life